Your final Key Assignment for this course will be an APA-style paper with a minimum of 8 peer-reviewed journal references evaluating this company’s diversity issues.
Complete your final Key Assignment by making revisions to your Phase 4 IP based on feedback provided by the instructor and your classmates, then complete Part 2 as specified below.
A complete Key Assignment will include an APA-style paper. The paper will include all of the following required sections:
- Company Information
- Give a brief description of the company that you will be studying throughout the course.
- Diversity Overview
- Identify the company’s diversity policies, procedures, initiatives, and programs.
- Summarize the efforts that the company has made to address diversity throughout the organization.
- Leaders and Managers
- How does the company that you selected address diversity at the highest leadership levels?
- Does it demonstrate a corporate responsibility related to diversity?
- Do the leaders and managers encourage a corporate culture supporting diversity?
- Diversity Data
- Include any available statistical data on the company’s diverse populations (gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, etc.), and analyze whether the data support the company’s stated efforts to support diversity.
- Strengths and Weaknesses
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the company relating to diversity.
- Discuss how its diversity strengths and weaknesses impact upon perceptions of fairness, justice, social problems, social change, and respect.
- Are the company’s efforts effective?
- Explain how the company’s policies and programs positively impact perceptions of fairness, justice, social problems, social change, and respect.
- Literature Review
- Select 1 diversity topic that has been addressed in the company that you are studying (e.g., hiring more women or recruitment efforts for Hispanic people) for further research.
- Conduct a literature review on that topic, and add the research findings to the paper.
- This literature review section should include a minimum of 4 peer-reviewed journal articles.
Add the following final sections to your paper:
- Recommendations (600–800 words)
- Make specific recommendations for action steps that the company can take to improve upon its diversity programs and better support diversity throughout the organization.
- Conclusion (150–300 words)
- Add a concluding statement on the importance of developing ways to ethically and effectively address issues of diversity to achieve positive outcomes.
The Key Assignment must include a minimum of 8 scholarly resources (4 of which must be peer-reviewed journal articles within the Literature Review section).