Acquisition of New Employee Skills
The goal of this assignment is to analyze how an organization can help employees gain the new skills required by and for the change effort. For this assignment, you will examine your expectations that the company you work for will provide you with ongoing knowledge and skills training.
Base your answer on an organization you have worked for, or on one from the case studies in your textbook.
Thoroughly answer the following:
- What are your expectations of the Human Resources Department? Explain how and whyyour expectations are or are not being met since you were first hired.
- Describe where or from whom you have acquired your knowledge concerning the performance of your work: team collaborations, supervisor, human resource department, colleagues, or work experience.
- Explain what on‐the‐job training development you would recommend for new employees based on your personal work experience. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Your paper should be 5 double-spaced pages including introduction and conclusion.
- You need to back up your facts, assumptions, ideas, and claims with scholarly sources. Please cite at least six scholarly sources that are not required readings in the course.
- Remember, you must support your thinking/opinions and prior knowledge with references.
- In-text citation used throughout the assignment and APA-formatted reference list.
- Please no plagiarism and sources should not be older than 5 years.
- Include headings organize the content in your work.
APA 1749 words