3 Days that Changed America
Portfolio Project Option #1:
One Page Outline is Required to be submitted as soon as it is completed
You are being interviewed by a large national corporation and the interviewer notices you took a history class at CSU-Global. He or she asks you what three (3) days forever changed the history of modern America.
Each day you choose should reflect what you consider to be turning points or reflections of long-term trends. A “day” then might be the day of an important event, or it might reflect a major achievement or the summation of a long-term trend. Describe each day, providing sufficient background to understand the context in which the event, decision, or consequence took place. Then discuss how America was different after that day. How did the change in America also change the world (or conversely, how did the world change America)?
Each day you choose should be from a different era in American history and should be spread across the years 1877 to the present.
The paper is due at the end of Week 8 and must adhere to the following requirements:
- Must contain a clear thesis statement, or claim, about the nature of change, America’s reaction to change, etc. Be creative
- Adhere to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements
- Must be double spaced in 12-point Times New Roman type
- Include 7-8 pages in length (not including cover and reference pages; approximately 3,000- words)
- Include headings, per APA guidelines
- Your discussion of each day or event should incorporate two primary sources (for a total of six primary sources). In addition to these, the entire written Portfolio should include four additional academic sources for a grand total of ten sources.
- Sources should be adequately chosen to provide substance and perspectives on the issue.
Create a visual presentation that illustrates the 3 days you chose and how they changed America.
The presentation is due at the end of week 8 and must adhere to the following requirements:
- Should illustrate the significance of the event and its impact on history
- Include a final reference page with sources used
- Include at least 9 slides (three from each time frame) not including title or reference slides
- Include a minimum of 4 outside sources
- Use the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements
- Within the context of each day, your slide show should offer at least two different types of media.
- Each image should include a caption, source, and text or an audio track describing the image.
APA 2682 words & 13 slides