this week you will select a case study you want to examine throughout the course. Each case study presents a topic and area of psychology. These topics will be used to study specific areas of psychology and will provide you with an opportunity to examine the uses of applied behavioral science. For example, if you select Case Study #1, you will explore the topic of severe depression from the clinical psychology perspective. If you select Case Study #5, you will explore motivation from the industrial organizational psychology perspective. For each case, you will also indicate why this topic and area of psychology are of interest to you. See the attached ABS200 Case Study List to review the case studies and make your choice.
The paper should clearly identify your case study selection, explain why you have decided to focus on this particular topic and area of psychology for your Final Paper, and explain the importance of the topic. Begin your paper with a well-written introduction that includes a succinct thesis statement, and end your paper with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis. For assistance with creating a thesis statement, utilize the Thesis Generator tool on the Ashford University Writing Center website.
The paper should be one- to- two pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. Your paper must contain at least one reference from a scholarly source that is cited according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Examples of scholarly sources include peer reviewed journal articles, research studies, professional websites with authored material, and government websites. Popular Internet sites (Wikipedia, Newsweek, New York Times, etc.) are not considered scholarly sources. For further assistance in determining whether or not a site is scholarly, please access the Evaluating Web Resources tutorial on the Ashford University Library website.
Writing the Case Study Selection
- Must be one to two double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought. View the Critical Thinking Community website for further assistance.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis and summarizes supporting evidence.
- Must use at least one scholarly source.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
preview of the answer..
Motivation is a force that drives people and it explains our behaviour. Motivation is therefore an important factor to focus on especially when it comes to the industrial sector as it determines the performance of staff.
Therefore, it is vital to pay close attention on motivation as it plays part in the success or failure of a business thus this makes the topic important. From the case, it is clear that the staff is less motivated and due to this, they are not performing to expectation. Jasmine here has the responsibility to examine the reason behind this. The best way to examine whether the employees are motivated or not is through the performance and consistent reliability of employees. Having been able to identify this, there are several reasons that make employees …
341 words APA