abs 200 Week 2 – Discussion 1
Ensure you have finished the required reading and reviewed any relevant Instructor Guidance prior to completing this discussion. Address the following in your post:
- Think about a painful experience in your life. Please do not share anything that might make you uncomfortable in a public forum. Your experience could be something as simple as burning your hand on the stove, a trip to the dentist, etc.
- Describe the experience of feeling pain in that situation and how it might be explained through the terminology outlined in your reading.
- Based on the reading, identify one of the pain management techniques that you feel would best reduce the pain experience in this situation.
- Examine the application of your selected pain management technique in relation to the same situation within a different culture. Explain the role of the perception of pain and the impact of culture on perception of pain.
- What (if any) usage trends of specific pain-management techniques are you able to identify?
Your initial post must be a minimum of 200 words and you must utilize at least one scholarly source (e.g., the course textbook, a peer-reviewed article from the Ashford University Library, or a professional web source) that is cited according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. For further assistance in researching scholarly sources, please access the tutorials on the Ashford University Library website.
preview of the answer..
In my first year in high school, I decided to join our school team since I believed that I was good at the game. On my first day of training, I was tackled by one of the players of the opponent team and fell on my left hand. The pain that I felt on my hand was so immense that I nearly cried. Later scans on the hand revealed that I had a fracture and needed immediate treatment. While I was going through a lot of pain, I felt that relaxing in a reclining position would assist me reducing the pain (Waldman, 2013) …
254 words APA