Analyze the history and effectiveness of each of these topics: sentencing guidelines, the 1994 crime bill, three strikes, and private prison rehabilitation programs.
WEEK 8 ASSIGNMENT – THE EFFECTS OF SENTENCING AND CORRECTIONS ON CRIME CONTROL
One area of crime prevention that has been debated for years has to do with sentencing guidelines, punishments, and rehabilitation programs. Although most people believe that crime prevention or crime suppression is not affected by our correctional systems and the courts, there are many other factors within the system that can affect the rate of crime in any area of the country. Some things considered in this assignment include:
- Sentencing guidelines.
- The Violent Crime Control Act and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, also known as the 1994 crime bill.
- Three strikes.
- Private prison rehabilitation programs.
Note: Refer to Chapters 7–11 of your text for more information on the above strategies.
Develop a 3-4 page paper in which you:
- Analyze the history and effectiveness of each of these topics: sentencing guidelines, the 1994 crime bill, three strikes, and private prison rehabilitation programs.
- Suggest at least one of the four topics which you feel is the most effective.
- Defend your choice.
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the Strayer Library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Review the crime control strategies of the police, courts, and correction
Requirements: not too long
Answer preview for the “Analyze the history and effectiveness of each of these topics: sentencing guidelines, the 1994 crime bill, three strikes, and private prison rehabilitation programs.” essay…………………….
apa 1318 words