Analyze how using Windows SharePoint Services will help meet many of the criteria for providing support
Thanks to the great IT support the IT team provided, Wild Frontier is expanding even more. Each of the original four (4) satellite offices have doubled in size and four (4) more offices are being opened. The current licensing seats have managed to cover all of the existing personnel, without full utilization but the new demand will overtax them. The owner, Sam Yosemite, gets all fired up if he can’t allocate costs fairly according to use. You also need to make the existing printers cover the additional personnel use without buying new printers, even though the managers have to print off long documents several times each week to provide shooting targets for Sam.
Also, some users have been accessing applications and media services they do not need and the IT team needs to curtail this. The budget given for the increased staff is not sufficient for new desktops for each user. Additional storage needs have been identified in the original four (4) satellite offices, as well as some slowdowns in performance. These need to be addressed along with the consideration of Terminal Services Licensing.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze how using Windows SharePoint Services will help meet many of the criteria for providing support for the additional remote offices and help prevent duplication of work.
2. Create a plan to meet the printer requirements specified in the scenario.
3. Propose a solution that will address the:
4. Use Visio or a similar tool to depict graphically the physical and logical layout of your plan. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Preview of the answer
A data server can be acquired purely for securing and storing data. The Original four satellite offices can have a master server storing all the documents of the four satellite offices, as well as making a backup copy to the main data server. This is especially important for historical data. The new satellite offices can have their new server, which also acts as a transaction management server for all the organization. The data server can also store the backup for these other new satellite offices. The server configuration should be such that the transaction server is accessible by all users but the data server only..
APA 761 words