In this discussion, you will evaluate a research question and determine how that question might best be analyzed. To do this, you will need to identify the appropriate application of course specified statistical tests, examine assumptions and limitations of course specified statistical tests, and communicate in writing critiques of statistical tests.
A researcher wishes to study the effect of a new drug on blood pressure. Consider and discuss the following questions as you respond:
- Would you recommend using a z-test, a t-test, or an ANOVA for the analysis? Explain your answer.
- What would your choice of test depend on? For the test you select, explain your design and your comparison groups.
- Would the hypothesis be directional or non-directional?
- Would the test be one-tailed or two-tailed?
- What would be the null and what would be the alternative hypothesis?
preview of the answer..
Would you recommend using a z-test, a t-test, or an ANOVA for the analysis? Explain your answer.
ANOVA will be used to analyze the results. The effect of the drug will be classified in the different four types of blood. The two dependent variables being utilized are the blood type and the amount of blood. The research would wish to identify the variance between the different types of blood. Since the samples will be more than four, it will be easier to find the differences in variance between the four by using ANOVA (MacClave & Sincich, 2003). T-tests are used to …
607 words APA