In the first two units, you have identified aspects of effective communication and contemplated strategies for solving a problem in your community or workplace. Consider the following situations:
- A casual conversation with a friend about the need for sidewalks in your neighborhood so kids can get to school safely
- An email to your boss proposing a new safety procedure
- An academic persuasive essay about your community’s need for a free spay/neuter program
In all of these situations, you need to choose the most effective tone, voice, and style for your situation and audience in order to persuade others to agree with you.
In this unit’s Assignment, you will be creating a plan for success to improve your writing in personal, professional, and academic situations like those described above and proposing a topic that you can write about for the rest of the term.
The first paragraph should identify at least three aspects of your writing you wish to improve and answer the following questions: How have these issues, whether related to grammar, style, tone, or process, affected your ability to communicate effectively in the past? How do you plan to work on these issues?
In the second paragraph, describe a problem in your community or workplace that you would like to explore and solve in the upcoming units. What challenges might you face in solving this problem and writing a persuasive essay about it?
Noted below are the specific requirements for your Unit 2 Assignment:
- Title page in APA manuscript format
- APA manuscript format throughout (e.g., 12-point font, double spacing, and 1-inch margins)
- At least two unified and well-developed paragraphs addressing the Assignment prompt
- If any references are made to sources, they are cited in APA 6th edition style both in-text and on a separate references page
See the following WC resources for further guidance on APA manuscript formatting and APA citation formatting:
- WC: “Common Citations in APA Format”
- WC: “Citing Sources Tutorial”
- WC: “APA Sample Title Page”
- WC: “What is Plagiarism?”
Click the following link to access the grading rubric your instructor will use when assessing your Assignment: Unit 2 Assignment Rubric.
Click the following link to see a sample Assignment: Unit 2 Assignment Sample. attached
Submitting your Unit 2 Assignment:
Remember that you must use Word for this and all Assignments submitted for this class in order to be reviewed and graded by the instructor. When you are ready to submit it, go to the Unit 2 videoDropbox and attach your work.
To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it.
APA 594 words