Case Study – Ethical Dilemma in Multiculturalism
Create a PowerPoint presentation of at least 10 slides that could be given in a professional context. The presentation will demonstrate the use of professional guidelines and tools that create a strategy for dealing with an ethical dilemma in a simulated case study, and will analyze the usefulness of those guidelines and tools.
- Title slide: On the first slide of the PowerPoint:
- Enter a descriptive title of approximately 5–15 words that concisely communicates the heart of the case study. It should stir interest while maintaining professional decorum.
- Enter your name, and a job title and organization that would fit with your case study.
- Case Study Overview slides: Provide the briefest possible narrative description of the professional conflict in the case. Additional supporting details and references can be added in the notes section in the slide. The overview should include:
- The professional setting of the case.
- Brief descriptions of the individuals involved and their roles.
- A brief summation of the ethical dilemma presented in the case study.
- Ethical Concerns slides: Bullet point three or more ethical concerns in the case and apply one or more ethical standards to each concern. Additional supporting details and references can be added in the notes section on the slide. Be sure to link to elements of the code.
- Comparison of Ethical Theories slides: In the first row of the provided table, enter the names of two ethical theories that you think would be the most appropriate for the situations in the case. In the following rows, enter comparisons of relevant features of the two theories. In the notes section, evaluate which theory provides a more functional framework for your case and explain why. (Note that ethical theories and ethical decision-making models are two different things. Please make sure you are comparing, contrasting, and evaluating two ethical theories).
- Ethical Decision-Making Model slides:
- Choose an ethical decision-making model, and identify each step in the model.
- Apply the model to your case and, under each step of the model, describe how that step would look if you applied it to the case.
- Incorporate multicultural issues presented in the case study within the selected ethical decision-making model.
- Add copies of this slide as needed, and combine steps on the slides as necessary or appropriate. In the notes section, write out supporting narrative details for your bullet points. (Note that ethical theories and ethical decision-making models are two different things. Please make sure you are applying steps of the ethical decision-making model to your case).
- Proposed Resolution slide: Use bullet points to summarize your proposed resolution to the ethical dilemmas in the case. In the notes section, write out supporting narrative details for your bullet points.
- References slides: Use current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Citation requirements: You must cite at least three scholarly research articles. You may cite reputable sources form Web sites, books, textbooks, and suggested resources as well, but these will not count toward the three required scholarly research references.
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Format: Use the Ethics Case Study Template provided in the Required Resources. Use current APA style and formatting guidelines as applicable to this assessment.
- References: Three scholarly research articles.
- Length of PowerPoint: A minimum of 10 slides.