CIS336 Enterprise Architecture Discussion question
- “Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) or Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT)” Please respond to the following:
- With the proliferation of smart phones and intelligent computing tablets such as the iPad, enterprises are increasingly faced with employees who want to bring their own devices and connect to enterprise systems. Determine whether or not employers should allow this type of connectivity to enterprise systems. Support your reasoning with three examples. Predict the impact to an organization’s Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) when employees use BYOD.
- “Virtualization and Cloud Computing” Please respond to the following:
- Suggest how an organization should choose between Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Support your recommendation with an explanation.
- Salesforce.com, Facebook, Gmail, Windows Azure, Apple iTunes, and LinkedIn are examples of applications in the cloud computing space. Examine the benefits and possible problems for these organizations when it comes to cloud computing. Propose solutions to these problems. Predict the impact to an organization’s TCO and ROI.
- “What is a Cloud” Please respond to the following:
- So, what is Cloud? Cloud is a set of pooled resourcesdelivered over the internet.Cloud allows you to deliver servicesglobally to your customers at the least cost,and with the ability to service a variable workloadby scaling the underlying resources up and downto meet the needs of the moment,and at the cost only of the resources consumed.
- “Essential Characteristics of the Cloud” Please respond to the following:
- On-demand, broad network access, resource pooling, rapid elasticity, measure service, charge by usage (“pay as you go”) are the essential characteristics of the Cloud.
- “Compliance” Please respond to the following:
- Examine the Sarbanes–Oxley Act (SOX). In your opinion, determine whether SOX has been able to achieve what it was intended to do and if it has reduced the unethical business practices that led to its enactment. Provide two examples to support your reasoning.
- Evaluate the five essential control components for managers and auditors established by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO). Determine the control that is the most critical for the well-being of any company and explain why.
- “Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)” Please respond to the following:
- From this week’s video, perform a high-level analysis of the four major domains of COBIT. (Keep in mind that COBIT is intended to make sure that IT provides the systematic rigor needed for the strong internal controls and Sarbanes–Oxley compliance.) Select the domain that you believe to be the major concern for IT and explain why. https://www.lynda.com/Enterprise-Content-Managemen…
- Evaluate the concepts and techniques covered by ITIL. Select the concept that you believe to be the most critical for any business and support your position.
- “Project Management and the Cycle Plan” Please respond to the following:
- Analyze the roles of the sponsor and the manager in project management. Select the role that you believe is more critical to the success of the project and explain why.
- Compare the project evaluation and review technique (PERT), the critical path method (CPM), and the Gantt chart. Determine whether projects should apply all three approaches or only when called upon to assess risk on an ongoing project. Support your rationale.
- “Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)” Please respond to the following:
- Examine the activities in the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Select the activities that you believe to be the most critical for the success of a project that is developed using SDLC. Support your position.
- From this week’s videos, determine which conversion methods (parallel, pilot, phased, and plunge) you would apply for the implementation phase of an SDLC if you were managing a project.Support your rationale. https://www.lynda.com/Project-tutorials/Learn-comp…
- “Business Intelligence and Social Analytics” Please respond to the following:
- From this week’s video, examine three ways you believe that social networks have “leveled the playing field” between major corporations and small businesses. The Basics of Data for Analytics: Section 2: The Basics of Data. https://www.lynda.com/Excel-tutorials/Identifying-…
- Sports teams have adapted the practice of businesses using business analytics to make wiser decisions. Provide your opinion on teams that use sports analytics. Explain whether or not you believe these teams maintain an advantage over those that do not.
- “Big Data and Knowledge Management” Please respond to the following:
- Predict three problems that you foresee occurring when dealing with big data. Propose three solutions to these foreseen problems.
- Suppose that you are in charge of knowledge management and have a highly knowledgeable IT person who refuses to transfer knowledge. Propose two different approaches to handling this situation.
APA 3001 words