Class Interventions with Students with Chronic Behavior
This is a 2 part assignment.
Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Write a 1750- word essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer the questions for each bullet point. There should be separate sections, one for each bullet below. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) citations in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount.
1. A student is consistently using inappropriate language in school with teachers and other students. How would you react to this student and work in a positive way using “receiving” and “sending” skills?
2. Write a behavior contract for a student who angrily hits and kicks other students during recess. This student’s behavior is escalating. What do you believe are the next three most important steps the teacher should take after writing the contract?
3. Look into your past as a student and remember a teacher who was most successful in building a positive relationship with you. What great qualities did this teacher have? How was his or her behavior toward you different from the behavior of teachers who were not good at building relationships? How would these differences work for building positive relationships with students in today’s classrooms who have chronic behavior problems?
4. This module presents some ideas for breaking the cycle of discouragement by helping to meet students’ self-esteem needs. In each of the following four categories of self-esteem needs, suggest more behaviors that a teacher might use to encourage student self-esteem: (a) the need for significance, (b) the need for competence, (c) the need for power, and (d) the need for virtue.
. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
1. For years now, utilities, phones companies, and cable/Internet providers have been deregulated, which, in theory, gives customers more choices. However, many consumers still only have one choice when it comes to their natural gas provider or cable/Internet provider. And those who do have a choice tend to be faced with prices from two or more companies that are near identical to each other. And neither is lower than the prices before the deregulation, which is not what consumers were expecting after being told the deregulated market would offer more competitive prices. Explain why competition in these areas has not lowered prices and how price fixing, competition, and government regulation play a role.
2. Most countries in the modern world have some sort of letter mail delivery system. The United States Postal Service is, by far, the most efficient, affordable, reliable system in the world with every box in the country being delivered every day of the 6-day delivery week. Not to mention a first-class letter costs the same whether it is mailed next door or across the country. Yet, many people feel the monopoly of the USPS isn’t fair because there is no competition. If you want a letter mailed for less than $1.00 the USPS is the only choice (other package carriers can deliver letter mail, but the rates are much higher than the USPS.)
If monopolies are bad, why does the government insist on keeping this one alive by blocking competition? What if the USPS decides to cut Saturday delivery (as has been discussed every few years for the past 20 years) or, due to a decline in mail volume, cuts delivery to 3 days per week. Would the government still be able to justify a monopoly then? Or should monopolies all be done away with? Explain your answer.
3. The sign on the beach reads “$25 fine for littering.” A beach user nonetheless tosses his used soda bottles on the sand rather than walk to the distant trash barrel. He knows that the beach patrol has seen him and will issue a citation, but he is very wealthy, and so places a very low marginal value on money and a very high marginal value on time. Would you call him a litterer if he were willing to pay the fine? Or has he purchased the right to use the sand as a waste receptacle? What if he littered on your private property? How does that change the situation?
4. When you bought your house, only 5 commercial planes passed over it daily, on average. That number has grown slowly and almost imperceptibly over the intervening years, and now numbers 150. Is the change from 5 to 150 a drastic or radical change? Is your situation with 150 planes flying over your house each day more tolerable because the number increased slowly and imperceptibly? Would you be more likely to receive compensation of some sort if the changes had occurred over a very short period of time? Does the fact that we can’t tell which straw broke the camel’s back mean that the addition of more straw to the camel’s burden was not the cause of its broken back?
5 hours ago
Behavior intervention Government Policies conflicting rights
Solving Problems by Talking
Teachers can address students with chronic behavior in different ways and one of them is talking it through. The scenario given is one of a student who uses inappropriate language which is not only disrespectful but also disruptive. When dealing with this student, the teacher should be focused on making the student gain control of their control of behavior. This approach, according to Crone, Hawken, & Horner (2015), presents private conversation as being more productive than other approaches. Also, the goals are to ensure that the student knows the problem to deal with, build a positive relationship, help the student to take ownership of their behavior, and provide innovative solutions to the problematic behavior (Crone et al., 2015). Particularly, sending and receiving skills can be used for this approach as they build positive communication between the student and teachers as well as other students………
APA 1942 words