comparing and contrasting epidemiological methods of research; case-control and cohort study methods.
This discussion board content is intended to facilitate learning for students through engaging dialogues as they achieve the desired learning outcomes/competencies associated with their course in a manner that empowers them to organize, integrate, apply and critically appraise their knowledge to their selected field of practice.
The use of discussions provides students with opportunities to contribute graduate level-appropriate knowledge and experience to the topic in a safe, caring, and fluid environment that models professional and social interaction. The ebb and flow of a discussion is based upon the composition of student and faculty interaction in the quest for relevant scholarship.
Participation in the discussion generates opportunities for students to actively engage in the written ideas of others by carefully reading, researching, reflecting, and responding to the contributions of their peers and course faculty. Discussions foster the development of members into a community of learners as they share ideas and inquiries, consider perspectives that may be different from their own, and integrate knowledge from other disciplines.
- Initial prompt due by Wednesday, 11:59 PM MT of week 3
- One peer and one faculty or two peer posts due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT of week 3
A 10% late penalty will be imposed for initial discussions posted after the weekly deadline regardless of the number of days late. No postings will be accepted after 11:59pm MT on Sunday (i.e. student will receive an automatic 0). Week 8 discussion closes on Saturday at 11:59pm MT.
Total Points: 60 Points
This week we are comparing and contrasting epidemiological methods of research; case-control and cohort study methods. Select either the case-control or cohort study method and compare its features, the methodology, to a randomized controlled trial using the following questions. Please format, organize, your responses using each question below:
- What is the fundamental difference between the method you have chosen (either the case-control or cohort method) and the randomized controlled trial?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the study method you chose (case-control or cohort study)?
- What are the characteristics of a correlational study?
- Where does the method you chose (case-control or cohort study) fall on the research pyramid? What does where it is on the research pyramid mean?
Post your response to the DB. Your analysis should have in-text citations and utilize a scholarly voice with APA formatting.
Respond to a total of two posts: Either two (2) peer posts or a peer and faculty post (all faculty posts require a response), with a minimum of one paragraph of 4-5 sentences, on two (2) different days of the week. Your reply post should be specific to this week’s topic of epidemiological research methods and should integrate in-text citation(s).
Your reply post/s should integrate course content (such as course terminology) related to the study method as well as an integration of in-text citations along with a scholarly voice and APA formatting. The textbook may be utilized as a resource.
- Posts should be made on a minimum of 3 separate days/dates.
- All faculty replies to students must be responded to directly in the discussion board.
- Minimum posting is:
- Initial discussion board post to the weekly prompt, two peer posts (if there are no faculty postings), or one peer post and a faculty post.
**To see view the grading criteria/rubric, please click on the 3 dots in the box at the end of the solid gray bar above the discussion board title and then Show Rubric.
Answer preview for the “comparing and contrasting epidemiological methods of research; case-control and cohort study methods.” essay……………………
apa 349 words