Hialeah Community Windshield Survey
Community Health Assessment / Windshield Survey
Complete a Community assessment and a Windshield Survey. Please be aware of plagiarism percentage. Also, take in my mind that to do this project all information use must be from the zip code 33016, and the city of Hialeah, in Florida.
Please read down below all the requirements that the project must contain, and make sure they are all answered.
A community health assessment (sometimes called a CHA), also known as community health needs assessment (sometimes called a CHNA), refers to a state, tribal, local, or territorial health assessment that identifies key health needs and issues through systematic, comprehensive data collection and analysis. Community health assessments use such principles as;
Multisector collaborations that support shared ownership of all phases of community health improvement, including assessment, planning, investment, implementation, and evaluation
Proactive, broad, and diverse community engagement to improve results
A definition of community that encompasses both a significant enough area to allow for population-wide interventions and measurable results, and includes a targeted focus to address disparities among subpopulations
Maximum transparency to improve community engagement and accountability
Use of evidence-based interventions and encouragement of innovative practices with a thorough evaluation
Evaluation to inform a continuous improvement process
Use of the highest quality data pooled from and shared among, diverse public and private sources.
(Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/publichealthgateway/cha/plan.html)
“A windshield survey is an informal method used by community health nurses to obtain basic knowledge about a given community. It provides a subjective view of the various physical characteristics of a communal area as observed while driving or walking through a neighborhood.
As stated in the syllabus please present your assignment in an APA format word document, Arial 12 font attached to the forum in the discussion board title “Week 1 discussion questions”. A minimum of 2 evidence-based references is required (not counting the class textbook) no older than 5 years. A minimum of 1000 words are required. Make sure the assessment is based in the community where you live. I don’t want community health assessment from other communities, once again it must be from the community you live. Please mention the zip code of your community on the first page of the assignment.
Also, you must present a table as an appendix with the following topics and description;
- Community description.
- Community health status (can be obtain from the department of health).
- The role of the community as a client.
- Healthy people 2020, leading health indicators in your community.
- The age, nature, and condition of the community’s available housing
- Infrastructure needs – roads, bridges, streetlights, etc.
- The presence or absence of functioning businesses and industrial facilities
- The location, condition, and use of public spaces
- The amount of activity on the streets at various times of the day, week, or year
- The noise level in various parts of the community
- The amount and movement of traffic at various times of day
- The location and condition of public buildings – the city or town hall, courthouse, etc.
- Race and ethnicity
- Open spaces
- Service centers
- Religion and politics
6 hours ago
apa 1581 words