Connecting Your Learning
The criteria in the Scoring Guide for this assignment are directly aligned to Competencies 1–4 for the course.
- Competency 1: Examine criminal law and procedure.
- Competency 2: Articulate the historical development of criminal law.
- Competency 3: Distinguish between legal and social parameters in criminal law.
- Competency 4: Analyze the elements of a crime.
Throughout the class, you have examined the rules of criminal procedure that govern its application and historical development of criminal law. Through various scenarios and analysis of specific crimes, you have learned to distinguish between the social and legal definitions of crime through the dissection of the various elements of crimes. The challenge was to delve deep into these scenarios from the perspective of a criminal justice professional and exchange opinions based on these analyses to further your learning.
Prepare a 5-page paper (1–1.5 pages per competency for Competencies 1 through 4), focused on the course competencies and address two key areas of learning for each competency. Competency 5 will be showcased through your coverage of Competencies 1–4. This paper should showcase your learning proficiency and describe the importance of your learning relative to application in a career context. This assignment should be placed in your ePortfolio for future reference, and to demonstrate your learning connections for future employment purposes.
Be sure to review the Connecting Your Learning Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the criteria for this assignment.
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations: Format according to APA (current edition) guidelines.
- Required page count: 5, not including the title page or the references page.
- Required number of references: One reference per competency.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
5 hours ago
Law study enforcement
Criminal Law is a distinguished sector of the law that deals with matters related to crime. It entails and addresses issues compromise, injure or jeopardize the well-being, assets, fitness and general welfare of the society. Criminal law is stipulated and dictated only by pieces of legislations, this means that Criminal law is a straight product of the legislature. Criminal law must give details of the retribution and reintegration of members of the society who commit acts that are contrary to the stipulated law (Fletcher, 1998).
It is important to note that criminal law id distinct from the civil law and it only……………..
APA 1646 words