Consider the varied reasons for the emergence of early social change movements in the United States.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Consider the varied reasons for the emergence of early social change movements in the United States. What prompted individuals and groups to support the abolition of chattel slavery? Why were women’s rights an issue that resonated strongly with some women and men? How and why did the roots of the labor movement take hold?
- With the Learning Resources in mind, consider the effectiveness of these social change movements during the 19th century. What changed during this time frame and what did not?
- Reflect on the agents of social change themselves. Who were they and what prompted them to take action? Did women and people of color participate in these movements?
- Finally, select two 19th-century social change movements on which to focus for this Discussion.
- What strategies did the leaders of these two movements utilize to further their causes? Why?
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 2 a response to the Discussion Spark post. Your response should contain at least two significant paragraphs. Read the Discussion Rubric, located in the Course Information area of the course navigation menu, as it will inform your writing. Important Note: The Discussion Spark and the weekly Discussion topic will be graded together. You will see one score in your My Grades area.
Post by Day 4 a 2- to 3-paragraph assessment of the overall effectiveness of 19th-century social change efforts. Then, briefly explain how two specific movements encouraged social change. For each movement briefly address the following:
( 1) Women’s Movement (1870s
2)Lattimer Massacre (1897)
- What prompted the emergence of this social change movement?
- Who were agents of social change or leaders of the movement? What prompted their activism?
- What strategies to achieve social change were applied and why?
- What successes did each movement have?
Requirements: .doc file
Answer preview for the “Consider the varied reasons for the emergence of early social change movements in the United States” essay………………………
apa 695 words