COVID-19: Economic impacts
A proposal is a short paper that indicates to your reader your plan for addressing your topic. For your proposal, you will address the following in a 2-4-page narrative-style proposal, meaning you will not yet conduct any research:
- What is your topic and your stance (opinion) on your topic?
- What is your personal and/or scholarly investment in your topic? Why is your topic important to address, given the current social and political climate?
- What are 2-3 main arguments that support your stance on your topic?
- What are 2-3 main arguments that counter (go against) your stance on your topic?
- If your topic centers around a specific problem, what is the problem? What do you see as some viable solutions?
Please use the following criteria as a checklist as you draft your proposal. The grading rubric aligns to these bullets here and will therefore be used to score your essay as “complete” or “incomplete.”
- Tone: This first project will be the least formal project that you will submit this semester. Although you can take more of an informal tone than a typical essay here, do be sure to maintain some level of a formality given you are still writing in an academic setting.
- Organization: You are welcome to address the questions above in any order that makes logical sense for your proposal, as long as you answer all of them.
- Development: Be sure that your responses to the questions are fully developed. I really want to know specifically why you chose the topic, why you think it’s important, and what the leading arguments for and against your opinion are. Use specific examples where appropriate from your personal observations, personal experience, or current events.
- Grammar: Be sure to thoroughly edit your proposal for grammar and proofreading mistakes prior to submitting your work. Although I do not grade on a point scale, global grammar mistakes that distract from being able to comprehend your essay will likely result in necessitating a revision.
- MLA: Be sure to format your proposal using proper MLA guidelines. This means your paper should be in sized 12 Times New Roman font, have 1″ margins all around, be double-spaced, include a title in sized 12 TNR font, have your last name and page number in the upper right-hand corner of each page (including page 1), and have a proper heading on page 1 only:
Requirements: 750-850 words
Answer preview for the “COVID-19: Economic impacts”essay…………….
apa 1248 words