Utilize principles of epidemiology to influence healthcare outcomes.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You are the new Director of Nursing at a long-term care (LTC) facility and have been informed by the administrator that you are required to hire a nurse epidemiologist. The new hire is part of a state healthcare initiative response to a recent epidemic that has been mandated to improve healthcare outcomes for elderly patients who are confined to inpatient facilities. This is the first time that the facility has employed an epidemiologist, so you need to develop a job description to post on the company website. You will also need to prepare for interviewing potential candidates.
For this assignment, you will create a job description for a nurse epidemiologist and prepare a list of 10-15 interview questions that will assist in identifying the best candidate for the position. The job description should include how the epidemiologist collects and analyzes data related to population issues and how their work contributes to public health improvement in your organization.
- Create a job description for the new nurse epidemiologist at your facility including:
- How the epidemiologist collects and analyzes data related to population issues.
- How their work contributes to public health improvement in your organization.
- Describe specific job responsibilities that will serve as a guide for how the epidemiologist can influence healthcare outcomes in your facility.
- Prepare questions for an interview you think will help to determine the best candidate.
- Include a rationale for each question related to the relevancy of identifying the best candidate.
Submit the job description, interview questions, and rationales in a Microsoft Word document. Be sure to use in-text citations and references in the correct APA style.