Nutrition and Autism
Review Guidelines, Rubric, and Resources
Before starting the assignment, be sure to review the assignment guidelines entirely, as well as the following resources:
- Read pages 190 – 195 of the “Learning to Think Things Through: A Guide to Critical Thinking across the Curriculum” text. Note that you are required to read the full text during Unit 4.
- Review the Unit 5 Assignment Grading Rubric (under Course Resources).
- Watch the video at http://ed.ted.com/on/cDhYHA9B#watch to understand what a peer-reviewed research article entails.
- Review “Critical Writing: Using the Core Process to Write a Paper (p. 190-195) from your textbook “Learning to Think Things Through: A Guide to Critical Thinking across the Curriculum”
Identify and Appropriate Peer-Reviewed Research Article
After reviewing the guidelines and resources, you should identify and download an appropriate research article to analyze. Visit the Purdue Global Library and use the library databases to find an article. Search for journal articles using keywords associated with a topic in your chosen specialization and future profession. Limit your search to articles published within the last five years and that are peer-reviewed. The article must review a specific, original research study (i.e., with a specific research hypothesis; do not use an article which is a review of the literature). The PG librarians are available to assist you in finding an article. Once you identify an appropriate article, download and read your article.
Follow the Six Step Process to Critical Writing
For this week’s Assignment, you will work through the six-step process by analyzing the article you chose from the library and writing a critical review of the article. Additionally, be sure to incorporate the following into your Unit 5 Assignment when analyzing the journal article:
- Circle of Elements (Chapter 2)
- SEE-I method (Chapter 1)
- Standards Check (Chapter 4)
As described in the six-step process, you should create an outline of your paper during the pre-writing phase. Use your completed outline to write a 4-6-page critical review of your library article using the Unit 5 Template as a guide.
Include the following in your critical review:
- Summary of the Article
- Analysis of the article
Writing Requirements and Assignment Guidelines
Your Assignment should be a 4-6 page essay, not including the Title and Reference pages, and should include the following elements:
- Title page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and unit number, and date
- Body: Answer the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs
- The assignment must be written in Standard English and demonstrate superior organization, including a highly developed viewpoint and purpose. The communication of your thoughts must be highly ordered, logical, and unified, displaying exceptional content, organization, style, and mechanics (including the use of correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure).
- Reference Page: Sources in APA format
- Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced
Subject: Masters Psychology
Answer preview……………………………….apa 1530 words