LASA 2—Human Resource Management
Writing Assignment and Presentation
Case Study—Culture Clashes at SAP
Read the Case: Culture Clashes Make Change Difficult at SAP in chapter 15 of your text book. Use the Argosy University online library and the internet for additional research. Imagine you are an HR consultant called in to advise the leadership at SAP. Prepare a 10-15 slide PowerPoint presentation to present your responses to the information below. Use the notes section in PowerPoint to clarify your points. Include a title slide and a reference slide in addition to the main slides. Use at least one chart or graph and at least one other visual aid within your presentation. Utilize at least three outside resources to compose your response. Your presentation should be professional and correctly address your target audience.
- Provide an executive summary of the main points of the case. Identify and describe the various cultures and differences in those cultures within SAP’s changing environment and employee workforce.
- In your opinion, what aspects of the changes at SAP would be most difficult for the German employees? Why? Which would be most difficult for the SAP employees in other countries? Why?
- What HRM activities or functions were affected by the changes described in this case?
- Recommend at least 3 ideas or concepts the company can implement to help them overcome cultural barriers that are affecting its efforts to become more creative and agile.
- Propose at least three concrete HR solutions that would improve relations at SAP, resulting in less conflict. Support your proposal with outside research.
Use at least three resources in addition to your textbook to justify your responses. Apply current APA standards for writing style to your work.
Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A1.ppt
By Monday, March 2, 2015,
|Assignment 1 Grading Criteria||
|Executive summary clearly and concisely summarizes the case.||
|Cultures within SAP are described in detail and differences are identified (CO1, 3)||
|Aspects of changes at SAP most difficult for German employees and employees in other companies are identified and justified (CO1, 3)||
|HRM activities or functions affected by the changes at SAP are identified and described in detail (CO1, 3)||
|Recommendations for overcoming cultural barriers are described and justified (CO1, 3)||
|HR solutions for improving relations at SAP are proposed and justified (CO1, 3)||
Style: Tone, audience, and word choice (8 points)