DARE Program Evaluation Plan, Part 1
This program evaluation of D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) is first part of a five-part project to plan the various elements of a program evaluation for education.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Describe three (3) elements of a worthy object for program evaluation – its type, the department administrating it, and target population. (THIS WILL BE D.A.R.E.’S PROGRAM OVERVIEW)
- Describe the A.R.E.’S history, primary purpose(s), and / or expected outcomes.
- Explain three (3) reasons for selectingA.R.E. (e.g., program’s value or lack of it, issues surrounding it, age, relevance, cost, impact on students, etc.) AND EXPAND UPON THE REASONS.
- Discuss three (3) advantages of evaluating A.R.E.at this time.
- Discuss two (2) major constraints in conducting an evaluation A.R.E and a method of addressing them.
- Use at least three (3) peer-reviewed academic resources in this assignment. Note:Wikipedia and many Websites do not qualify as academic resources. Peer-reviewed academic resources refer to articles and scholarly journals that are reviewed by a panel of experts or peers in the field. Review the video titled Research Starter: Finding Peer-Reviewed Referencesfor more information on obtaining peer-reviewed academic resources through your Blackboard course shell.
education Program evaluation D.A.R.E.
According to the National Institute for Justice (2011), Drug Abuse Resistance Education is the most common school-based drug-use prevention program in the United States. The main objective of the program was to teach effective peer resistance and refusal skills as a means of empowering adolescents to say “no’ to drugs. The other objective of the initiative was to build……………………
APA 1098 words