Describe a new religious movement that uses history and/or origins to spread its message and grow its community.
INITIAL POST INSTRUCTIONS
Many new religions, attempt to go back to a “pristine” or “original” state of religion in the face of modernity. Respond to the following:
- Why is it appealing for many small communities to try and go back to an earlier state of religiosity?
- Is there something fundamentally human about speaking to “origins?”
- Describe a new religious movement that uses history and/or origins to spread its message and grow its community.
In your responses to your peers, address the following:
- Do you agree or disagree with their positions?
- If you agree with your peers, do not simply repeat their posts or restate your initial post. Add to the discussion by finding a new perspective or new examples to support your assertions.
- If you disagree, explain why and provide support for your position.
- Initial Post Length: minimum of 250 words.
- Secondary Post Length: minimum of 200 words per post.
- Cite at least 1 outside source.
- Use APA reference style to cite your references.
- Submit at least one original post and two replies to other students.
ASSESSMENT AND GRADING
Learning Outcome(s): 1, 4
- Analyze what is meant by religion.
- Examine key features of religions.
Answer preview “Describe a new religious movement that uses history and/or origins to spread its message and grow its community.” essay…………………..
apa 679 words