Digital Citizenship to Address Bullying
Please go to www.stopbullying.gov (Links to an external site.) and follow these instructions: complete the assignment.
- Go directly to the website. (Links to an external site.)
- Review its various webpages and explore the available resources discussed. Click on links to any linked resources that look interesting or valuable. Try to explore the resources available – videos, guides, reports, etc.
- Select one of those resources the ONE that you feel is most helpful to parents of school age children (or their teachers). It must be a SPECIFIC item, and not just be a webpage – again, select a specific resource – a parent guide, video, training, article, or other resource.
- Read/watch and absorb all you can about that resource and think about why it is such a valuable one.
- Write a short essay – 3/4 to 1 page in length maximum (double spaced with 1″ margins, per APA), that describes the resource and explains why you believe it is such a great one. Defend your ideas byusing information from text and the website about bullying. Use examples of what is included in it to defend your belief.
The digital citizenship fact sheet (2018) on the stop bullying database is a significant resource that could help parents take an active role in helping address the problem. It provides significant insight into the used of digital technology, with a view of improving responsible behavior among the users. Considering the increased access to the technology by children, it forms one of the potential platforms on which bullying occurs. However, efforts to ensure that children engage in appropriate conduct whenever using the different digital platforms could yield…..
APA 309 words