Discuss 2 or 3 specific ways that this intervention could be improved based on what you studied this quarter.
This week, you bring much of the research you have examined in this course together in an analysis of a socio-emotional development intervention program. You chose your intervention program in Week 6, and you completed a brief annotated bibliography of relevant research examining the effectiveness of your chosen intervention in Week 8. This week, you bring together these parts that you have completed in a paper that demonstrates your ability to think critically about an intervention program aimed at promoting social and emotional development through the lens of current research in the area.
Be sure you have incorporated your Instructor’s feedback from Parts I and II.
For Part III this week, please write a 6-page paper (not including title page and reference page) that includes the following parts:
- Summarize the program/target population, its medium of administration (school, community center), and the social and emotional development aspect it aims to address.
- Summarize research evidence from at least 3 empirical articles about the effectiveness of the intervention.
Analysis and Evaluation
- Address the following: Is the intervention culturally sensitive as designed? How could it be changed to accommodate different cultural norms? (The Domenech Rodríguez and Resnicow articles from this week’s Learning Resources will be helpful to you in this part of your paper.)
- Discuss 2 or 3 specific ways that this intervention could be improved based on what you studied this quarter. Please support your arguments with scholarly sources from your annotated bibliography.
- Does this intervention have any social change implications when thinking broadly about social and emotional development? If so, what are they? If not, why not?
Please use subheadings in APA style to aid in the organization of this paper.
Domenech Rodríguez, M. M., Baumann, A., & Swartz, A. (2011). Cultural adaptation of an empirically supported intervention: From theory to practice in a Latino/a community context. American Journal of Community Psychology, 47, 170–186.
Resnicow, K., Soler, R., Braithwaite, R. L., Ahluwalia, J. S., & Butler, J. (2000). Cultural sensitivity in substance use prevention. Journal of Community Psychology, 28(3), 271–291.
Answer preview “Discuss 2 or 3 specific ways that this intervention could be improved based on what you studied this quarter.” essay……………………
apa 1869 words