Discuss whether or not they match the parenting-style/child outcome connections described in the text.
The purpose of this activity is to provide you with a chance to explore Baumrind’s four original parenting styles: authoritative, authoritarian, permissive, and rejecting/neglecting. For this assignment you will need to identify three different parents each with a different parenting style. These can be people whom you know or they can be fictitious parents from a TV show or movie. If you are using parents from a TV show or movie you should watch an episode of the show or the movie. For all three of your parents you need to:
- Provide specific examples to justify their parenting style classification.
- Discuss the positive and/or negatives associated with each observed style.
- Discuss the typical child outcome for each observed style.
- Identify the behaviors exhibited by children of these parents.
- Discuss whether or not they match the parenting-style/child outcome connections described in the text.
Provide your answers to these questions in a 2-3 page paper due by the end of week 3. Your paper should be written in APA format and your sources should be properly cited and referenced.
To submit, click on Week 3 Journal Assignment above.
|Journal Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Identified 5 areas of observation for each of the 3 parents observed in a 2-3 page paper.||60|
|Proper APA format of citations and references.||20|
|Grammar, spelling, and correct APA format||20|
Requirements: 2 pages
Answer preview for the “Discuss whether or not they match the parenting-style/child outcome connections described in the text.” essay…………………..
apa 673 words