Discussion of “Lewis and Clark”, around 200 words
Must watch the film http://library.foothill.
2. After watching the film, answer following the questions:
- Who are the “heroes” in the documentary, and why do you think the director made the choice to show this person, or group, in an “heroic” light?
- Could the film have been improved by using additional information found in the class textbook? How so?
- What is one new piece of information you learned from watching the film?
- How has your understanding of history changed after watching the film?
- How are women portrayed in the film?
- How are men portrayed in the film?
- How are people of different economic classes depicted in the film (is the issue discussed at all)?
- How are people of different “races” and ethnicities depicted in the film (is the issue discussed at all)?
- Discuss other observations or questions you have after watching the film?
3. Around 200 words total.
very brief answers
- Lewis and Clark come across as the heroes of the documentary. I think the director aimed at portraying the two as responsible for opening up the American West.
- The film can be improved by using information on the routes that Lewis and Clark took.
From the documentary, I learned that Lewis and Clark were entirely different in their………………
APA 241 words