Grading Rubric Must be Followed
APA Format with in text references
Select one emerging or reemerging disease to research for this report. Note: You may use the WHO Infectious Diseases and CDC websites (both linked in Resources: Diseases and Pathogens), which list a variety of relevant diseases.
To begin, select one emerging or reemerging disease to research for this report.
Then, craft a 3–4-page report that analyzes the disease and addresses the following points:
- Provide a brief historical account of the disease selected. Consider why this disease is emerging or reemerging.
- What areas of the globe are currently affected by this disease?
- How is it transmitted?
- What is the incubation period?
- What is the treatment for this disease?
- What is the role of vaccines in combatting this disease? If there is no vaccine, why not?
- What is the predicted prognosis of recovery and residual effect?
Your report should be logically organized around a point you would like to make regarding the emerging or reemerging disease you select. Consider the MEAL Plan to help organize your thoughts:
- Main Idea: What is the main point or idea that you want your reader to remember about this disease?
- Evidence: What does the research say? Support your point with evidence from the literature you have researched. (This is where you would include facts about the history, transmission, incubation, treatment, and prevention of the disease. Refer to your sources when you provide your evidence.)
- Assess: Summarize main ideas from articles related to the disease. Apply health principles and theories that relate directly or indirectly to your main point. Make explicit links between source articles and your current report.
- Link: Integrate and combine information from your source articles to your main point or idea.
DEMONSTRATION OF PROFICIENCY
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Assess basic environmental health principles, theories, and issues.
- Analyze an emerging or reemerging disease.
- Describe how an emerging disease is transmitted.
- Describe the incubation period of an emerging disease.
- Describe how an emerging disease is treated.
- Predict prognosis of recovery and residual effects of an emerging disease.
- Assess the role of vaccines in disease prevention.
- Competency 4: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
5 hours ago
Emerging diseases are said to be inevitable and unpredictable, and this leads to the need to focus on the recognition of the changes that take place in the environment and the causative agents of the infections. The development of the countermeasures is essential as it helps in the management of the complexities in the diseases and the enhancement of the stability that improves the functioning of the society. HIV/AIDS is an emerging disease in the modern world, and this requires the need to focus on the impact that it has in the development of the activities in the society and the assessment of the number of deaths that continue to take place. The description of HIV/AIDS creates the needs to focus on the treatment measures that would focus on the education of the society and the discovery of the rate of infection that affects the community. The increase in the number of people that die from the disease continues to increase especially in sub-Saharan Africa………
APA 1160 words