Environmental Degradation and Poverty
OPTION #2: PERSUASIVE LETTER TO A FRIEND
Using the concepts and ideas learned in Modules 1-9 of Lau and Chan (2017) http://philosophy.hku.hk/think/sci/, write a letter to a close relative or friend who rejects the scientific consensus on an important issue. In this letter, address the following questions:
- How would you define scientific theories and how they operate?
- Why do scientists employ the idea of falsifiability?
- How would you try to convince this person to examine the issue using the scientific method in order to come to clear and careful assessments?
- Why would you argue for engaging scientific, peer-reviewed sources on the issue?
- Cite all claims and ideas using scholarly sources. While it is acceptable to write in the first person, be sure to cite your sources to support your inferences.
- Include at least one or two scholarly sources that are not required or recommended readings for this course. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources.
- Your paper should be four to five pages in length and formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA.
- Papers should be double-spaced, 12-point font Time New Roman.
- Include the following in your essay: a brief introduction, a conclusion, and a reference page formatted according to CSU-Global APA requirements.
Van Cleave, M. (2016). Introduction to logic and critical thinking. Retrieved from https://open.umn.edu/opentextbooks/BookDetail.aspx?bookId=457
1 day ago
How are you and everybody in the family? I in New York, I am well and miss them so much. Let me begin our discussion on environmental degradation and poverty by explaining some key concepts used by scientists to achieve consensus on any subject. I believe that these explanations would assist in increasing your knowledge and understanding of the factors responsible for some of the ideas and principles used by scientists to form their opinion on various subjects……..
APA 1208 words