The purpose of this assessment is to consider aspects of what makes a healthy city and to integrate your research to provide strategies for individuals and communities to improve environmental health.
To begin, suppose you are working with your city planner to develop a healthy city initiative for your city (or a city near you). You are tasked with developing a report that will be presented to your city council.
Craft a 4–5-page written document that could be presented to your city council, addressing the following points:
- What is environmental health?
- Why is creating a healthy city important to environmental health?
- What could your city do to become a healthy city?
- What would be the obstacles to change and why are they obstacles?
- What financial issues would have to be considered?
- How would these changes benefit you, your family, and your community?
- What could your city do to become better prepared for disasters, both natural and human-made?
- Why should environmental health be considered an individual concern? Why should it be considered a global concern?
- What could you or your family do—in your home, your neighborhood, and your workplace—to reduce your personal impact on the environmental health of your city?
Your document should follow a logical structure and be evidence based.
DEMONSTRATION OF PROFICIENCY
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Assess basic environmental health principles, theories, and issues.
- Define the term environmental health.
- Assess how healthy cities relate to environmental health.
- Analyze obstacles for a city in becoming a healthy city.
- Describe the financial issues involved in creating a healthy city.
- Analyze how environmental health is an individual concern.
- Analyze how environmental health is a global concern.
- Competency 3: Apply personal and professional decisions based upon an understanding of environmental risks.
- Describe how a city could become prepared for disasters.
- Assess benefits of developing a healthy city to one’s self, family, and community.
- Competency 4: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe (WHO). (2014). Healthy cities. Retrieved from http://
4 hours ago
Healthcare Admin Creating a Healthy City
Environmental health addresses the external factors in the biological, physical and chemical factors that impact the behaviors of an individual. It includes the assessment and the control of the factors in the environment that affect the health of the individuals. Environmental health helps in the prevention of different diseases and the creation of an environment that helps in the support and creation of health. With environmental health, there is assessment of the measures that enable the protection of the health of the people against the factors. The assessment is based on the long term effects of the exposure and this ensures there is improvement of the quality of the environment and the maintenance of a clean environment helping to protect against the spread of the diseases………
APA 1401 words