Evaluate global factors that contribute to the availability of quality healthcare locally and internationally.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You were recently promoted to the community clinical nurse educator at your organization. As your first initiative, you were asked by nursing leadership to create an article for educational Continuing Education Units (CEU) that will be offered to the nurses at your organization. The focus of the educational resource will be health initiatives with a global focus.
Research the ICN 2010-2020 Strategic Priorities located on the International Council for Nursing at https://www.icn.ch/. Create a CEU article that includes an overall description and analysis of the health topic issue and how policy can be used to support healthcare initiatives within the workplace.
Create a CEU article that could be published in a healthcare magazine. Guidelines for format and content of the CEU article include:
- Length of 1-2 pages designed for publication in the healthcare organization’s quarterly magazine.
- The initiative discussed must be from the International Council of Nursing (ICN) website for the 2017-2020 ICN Strategic Priorities; Health topic priorities for a global focus and advancement in healthcare.
- In the content of the article, you will discuss the importance of this initiative and how you can integrate health policy related to the issue in your current workplace.
- At the end of the document, you will include 5-7 multiple choice questions to evaluate participants’ understanding of the material and qualification for a one-hour CEU.
- Be sure to use in-text citations and references in the correct APA style