Explain genetic, developmental, or environmental influences that influence sensation and perception.
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 5 and the section Fear and Anxiety (pp. 365–371) from Module 11.2 of Kalat (2019). This week’s required and recommended materials will explore sensation, perception, and emotion and will help with completing this week’s discussion
Then select the option and only read the section in Chapter 6 that applies to your chosen topic:
Option B: How Do Humans Experience Smell?
- Read Olfaction in Module 6.3 (pp. 216–220)
- Watch Smell, Your Least Appreciated Sense |Rachel Herz | TEDxNatick (Links to an external site.)
- Consider reviewing Herz (2016), The Role of Odor-evoked Memory Is Psychological and Physiological Health (Links to an external site.), and How Do We Smell?
After you have reviewed the information, consider the different pathways for perceiving sensory information, how the body and mind react to these perceptions, and how individual differences impact these processes. Include the following in your discussion:
- Describe the sensation and perceptual pathway under investigation, identifying neuroanatomical structures and the neurotransmitters that relay information between those structures.
- Explain genetic, developmental, or environmental influences that influence sensation and perception.
- Identify a situation in which knowledge of individual differences in perception and sensation may apply to a real-life scenario. (As an example, consider watching What It’s Really Like to Have Autism
- Explain ethical considerations involved in responding to individual differences in sensation and perceptual experiences.
You must use a minimum of one peer-reviewed or scholarly source that was published within the last five years, and documented in APA Style.
Testbook: Kalat, J. W. (2019). Biological psychology (13th ed.). Cengage Learning.
Requirements: 500 words | .doc file
Answer preview for the “Explain genetic, developmental, or environmental influences that influence sensation and perception.” essay………………..
apa 649 words