Explain the process of empowerment and delegation in criminal justice organizations. Include the role of trust related to delegation and empowerment.
In leadership roles, it is important that when presented with a situation, you are able to determine if you can delegate work to others. If you empower employees to be critical thinkers and make decisions, they will show that they are capable of learning more and taking on more responsibility. In this assignment, you will review a few scenarios and discuss the possible outcomes.
Complete the Empowerment and Delegation assignment.
NOTE: THIS ASSIGNMENT HAS TWO PARTS
- Read each scenario, and consider the concepts you learned from reading the texts.
- Answer each question that follows with at least 90 words in preparation for part 2. (Tip: You can type right onto the worksheet).
Note: The worksheet is an opportunity to deliberate and discuss your thoughts and give your ‘read’ or ‘take’ on each situation based on the course concepts and terminology you learned from our texts. The 90 words per employee (360 words total) discussion on the worksheet is separate from the 700 word essay.
Write a 700- to 1,400-word paper in which you discuss the following:
- Explain the process of empowerment and delegation in criminal justice organizations. Include the role of trust related to delegation and empowerment.
- Analyze the implications of empowerment and delegation in a criminal justice organization. In what ways does the organization benefit?
- Discuss whether employees in the scenarios are ready for empowerment. Incorporate your responses to each scenario from part 1.
Include at least four peer-reviewed references.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.
For the 700 word essay portion of the assignment, the first two bullets are discussion of course concepts and terminology from the texts, the last bullet point covers your recommendations to police administration for each employee in the scenario. Are they ready for empowerment? Why or why not? Provide some solid reasoning and justification based on your earlier thoughts in the worksheet. To make word count you can self-debate each side of the scenario, for and against, using course concepts and terminology.
The essay is not a direct cut and paste of your earlier scenario discussion… If you have some quality discussion in the scenarios but are just a few words short, don’t stress it. Focus more on making your essay shine! Police administration is counting on you for some well-reasoned recommendations…
Requirements: .doc file
Answer preview to the paper on “Explain the process of empowerment and delegation in criminal justice organizations. Include the role of trust related to delegation and empowerment”.
apa 1080 words