4-5 pagraphs and with references please no plagirazm
The responsibility of responding to emergencies, disasters, and catastrophic events rests with the lowest possible level of government and usually begins with local first responders and government organizations. This doctrine is embedded in America’s federal system and the U.S. Constitution’s division of responsibilities between federal and state governments. The guiding document for these efforts is the National Response Framework (NRF), which replaced the National Response Plan in March of 2008.
In 4–5 paragraphs, address the following:
- In your own words, describe the mission of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and provide explanations and examples for each aspect of the mission.
- Do you feel its mission statement is sufficient for the nation’s emergency management operations? Why or why not?
- Describe the role that the states typically play, and provide examples of how states fulfill their roles.
- How important do you feel is FEMA’s role in emergency management? Explain.
- In describing the roles that are played at each level, please also compare and contrast the roles that are played at each level with the other 2 levels.
- Which responsibilities that are held by the state regarding emergency management do you feel are the most critical? Why?
- With regard to the NRF, which group of first responders is the most important for successful emergency response procedures (you must select one)? Why?
- Post a new topic to the Discussion Board that contains your responses to the above questions.
- Comment on at least 2 other students’ posts.
In your own words, please post a response to the Discussion Board and comment on at least two other postings. You will be graded on the quality of your postings.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials
preview of the answer..
FEMA’s mission is to deal with all aspects of hazards by working together with all the interest groups and citizens of the United States. Such aspects include improving the capacity to prepare for hazards, providing adequate protection against hazards, responding fast and efficiently to these hazards and fast recovering from and ultimately mitigating all hazards (Burbank, 2009). Mitigating hazards include providing adequate civic education and training as well as ensuring all possible causes are eliminated or reduced. To this end, FEMA has introduced such policies as flood hazard mapping, providing flood insurance for homes and introducing the National Preparedness System as well as the National Incident Management System amongst other policies. In my Opinion, FEMA’s mission statement is sufficient for the nation’s emergency management operations because it encompasses all the important aspects of dealing …
534 words APA