Final Reflection/Research Report
Assignment: Final Reflection/Research Report
This final research report must include:
- An overview of the research you found on your topic, more specifically, a clear and concise summary of the research findings in your particular area of interest
- A review of empirical research related to your topic
- Observations (or an interview with a practicing teacher) specific to your topic
- An in-depth analysis of/reflection upon your observations/interview in relation to the research you conducted.
- Adequate and appropriate supporting sources
- Minimum of 5 peer-reviewed articles or research-based books, written within the last 10 years
- Web sites may not be used as one of these 5 sources, nor can your textbooks (however, if you have 5 sources, these are fine to use as additional sources). You can use web sites that are governmental (e.g., the NCES or National Center for Education Statistics). Web sites that are not acceptable are sites such as Wikipedia or WebMD.
- The second part of your paper will be a balance of your observations (or data from your teacher interview), in relation to the research you conducted, and some general conclusions.
For example, if your topic was “the effectiveness of using extrinsic rewards to motivate students” you could:
- spend the first 3-4 pages providing an overview of the research relevant to your specific question about the use of rewards.
- Then for the next 3-4 pages you would discuss your observations or data from your teacher interview(s), in relation to the research you conducted related to rewards and motivation.
- This is really the analysis or the “meat” of the paper.
- You’ve conducted the research, now demonstrate how this research applies or doesn’t apply to what you are observing or what you learned from talking directly with a teacher.
- Once you’ve completed the analysis/reflection you will be asked to conclude your paper with 1-2 page reflection of this activity
- What did you learn?
- How did your research/observations change how you think about teaching and/or students?
- What questions do you still have?
- What suggestions do you have for future research (or missing research) in your area of research (these are suggestions – you do not need to answer all of these questions).
This paper should be in the 7-10 typewritten pages (12 point font, 1 inch margins and double spaced). Your cover page and your reference page do not count in the page limits. Again, this paper should be in APA format. I have not deducted points for people not putting papers in APA format this semester, but I will deduct points if you fail to attempt to use APA format in this final report. This is a requirement for the course and the program. Please see the following additional resources if you need assistance with this.
I am attaching all the past assignments that go along with this. Please follow them. I observed at Valley Central High School in Montgomery, NY, all high school level English classes.
education observation middle childhood
APA 2358 words