For this assignment, you have the opportunity to take a variety of self-assessments to learn more about yourself and identify your assets and weaknesses as a leader.
Self-awareness is essential for developing leadership skills. Recognizing your own strengths, weaknesses, and values, and understanding emotional intelligence and learning styles can help you to be a more effective nurse leader.
For this assignment, you have the opportunity to take a variety of self-assessments to learn more about yourself and identify your assets and weaknesses as a leader. This will assist you in discovering how you can improve your own self-leadership skills. You will be asked to think critically about your results and submit a reflection as directed below.
Refer to the topic Resources. Select and complete three self-assessments. Be sure to document the results of each assessment to assist you in completing the reflection portion of the assignment below.
Becoming self-aware is an ongoing process requiring introspection. The more often people practice self-reflection, the more opportunities they have to understand their own behaviors and adapt their approaches to working with other people, which can improve both your own and other’s abilities to meet their professional goals.
In a 1,100-1,200 word reflective essay, address the following:
- Provide a rationale and brief summary for selecting each self-assessment. Summarize the results you obtained on each assessment.
- Identify the leadership style that closely aligns to your philosophy of care and explain what appeals to you about that style.
- Reflect on how you might incorporate elements of that particular style as you exercise leadership in a practice or health care organization setting.
- Discuss any particular areas for improvement the assessments helped you identify and some steps for improving your leadership capabilities.
- Analyze the characteristics of an effective professional nurse leader, or individuals in nursing leadership. Discuss the characteristics and explain why they are effective for leadership in nursing.
- Analyze different leadership theories and leadership styles. Select one theory and leadership style, different from your own, and explain how they each support a professional nurse leader or individual in nursing leadership. Consider how the theory shapes the nurse leader in such things as collaboration, conflict resolution, decision making, and negotiation.
You are required to cite three to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Requirements: see above | .doc file
These are the links my professor send in order to do the self assesment reflection
- Emotional Intelligence Assessment: “Emotional Intelligence Test”: http://testyourself.psychtests.com/testid/3038
- Personality Tests: “Big Five Personality Test”: https://testyourself.psychtests.com/category/1
- Learning Styles Assessment: “The VARK Questionnaire: How Do I Learn Best?”: http://vark-learn.com/the-vark-questionnaire/
- Values Assessment: “Values Profile”: https://testyourself.psychtests.com/testid/3620
- Diversity Assessment: “Cultural Competence Self-Test”: https://www.oregon.gov/DHS/SENIORS-DISABILITIES/DD/PROVIDERS-PARTNERS/SCPAconference/Cultural%20Competence%20Self-Test.pdf
Answer preview for the “For this assignment, you have the opportunity to take a variety of self-assessments to learn more about yourself and identify your assets and weaknesses as a leader. essay…………………….
apa 1367 words