For this discussion, you will explore a current social health issue from an ethical, nursing perspective.
For this discussion, you will explore a current social health issue from an ethical, nursing perspective. Using your knowledge of the ANA’s Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (ANACOE), examine the implementation of safe injection sites (or overdose prevention sites/services). Describe the provisions of the ANACOE that may be used to support and/or discourage the implementation of safe injection sites. How might the social policy of legalizing safe injection sites in the United States impact health care and the ethical role of the nurse?
Your initial post must be posted before you can view and respond to colleagues, must contain minimum of two (2) references (other than those in required readings), in addition to examples from your personal experiences to augment the topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it. Synthesize and summarize from your resources in order to avoid the use of direct quotes, which can often be dry and boring. No direct quotes are allowed in the discussion board posts.
- Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
- Words Limits
- Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)
- Required Resources:Articles:MedSurg Nursing, 24(4), 268-271.Click here to downloadLachman, V.D., Swanson, E.O., & Winland-Brown, J. (2015). The new ‘Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements’ (2015): Practical clinical application, part II. MedSurg Nursing, 24(5), 363-368.Click here to downloadLachman, V. D. (2012). Applying the ethics of care to your nursing practice. Medsurg Nursing, 21(2), 112-114.Click here to download
Recommended Resources:Textbooks:Ethics and Issues in Contemporary Nursing
- Chapter 2, 3 (Ethical Principles), 6 and 7
Articles:Olson, L.L., & Stokes, F. (2016). The ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements: Resource for nursing regulation. Journal of Nursing Regulation, 7(2), 9-18.Click here to downloadNorlyk, A., Haahr, A., Dreyer, P., & Martinsen, B. (2016). Lost in transformation? Reviving ethics of care in hospital cultures of evidence-based healthcare. Nursing Inquiry, 24, 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1111/
nin.12187Click here to downloadWebsites:
- ANA: Code of Ethics for Nurses With Interpretive Statements – https://www.nursingworld.
org/practice-policy/nursing- excellence/ethics/code-of- ethics-for-nurses/
Requirements: Minimum 200 words
Answer preview for the “For this discussion, you will explore a current social health issue from an ethical, nursing perspective.” essay………………………….
apa 354 words