For this final Discussion, you will identify your personal mission statement and how your ethical decision making can promote positive social change.
Leadership is critical in any organization. That is particularly true when it comes to ethical decisions and positive social change since the latter does not exist without the former. So, as you lead, your responsibility is not only to your personal ethical commitments but to the shaping of an ethical culture within the organization of which you are a part.
For this final Discussion, you will identify your personal mission statement and how your ethical decision making can promote positive social change. Note that providing references in support of your post may or may not be appropriate. You do not necessarily have to do any extra research for this Discussion. Of course, to demonstrate academic integrity, you must reference sources that you use.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources, including the Positive Social Change Essay document and media program, as you reflect on the ways that ethical decision making can promote positive social change.
Develop and post a personal mission statement that applies to your vision for service and social change in public policy and administration or a nonprofit organization or in your particular discipline. Explain your purpose, objectives, and ethical commitment in this statement, in addition to the essential strategies for fulfilling your mission.
In 2–3 paragraphs:
- State your personal mission. What do you want your life to be about, and what do you intend to pursue above all other things? How does your personal mission statement contribute to positive social change?
- Describe the elements that you need to accomplish your mission. What relationships, networking, education, and living situation do you need?
- Identify the governing ethical commitment(s) and decisions that you will apply to fulfill your mission.
Note: you may find that articulating such a statement is far more challenging than it may appear initially!
Support your postings and responses with specific references to the resources.
Requirements: 1 page
Subject: Masters Social Science
Cooper, T. L. (2012). The responsible administrator: An approach to ethics for the administrative role (6th ed.). Jossey-Bass.
- Chapter 10, “Conclusion: Responsible Administration”
Note: Previously read in Week 10.
Answer preview for the “For this final Discussion, you will identify your personal mission statement and how your ethical decision making can promote positive social change.” essay…………………….
apa 436 words