From a broad perspective, what are the similarities and differences between I/O psychology and personnel/HR management in terms of the selected HR area?
By now you should have reviewed and made any necessary adjustments to your topic selection and initial literature review. Let’s suppose that the conference organizers have given you the approval on your topic and they believe it is in alignment with the conference theme. You are now ready to submit a full literature and overview paper.
In this assignment, you will complete this deliverable:
- A literature review and application paper that will address theory, current state of your selected HR management area, tools and methods, and provide a set of recommendations for best practices in your selected HR management area.
Follow these guidelines to create your paper. Keep in mind that you are detailing a poster session to be ultimately delivered to your peers—other HR and industrial organizational psychology practitioners from all organizational levels and various industries. Your assignment deliverable needs to logically lay out the theoretical research, and then the practical applications.
Literature Review and Application Paper – Use these points to help guide the creation of your paper, then expand upon the literature review and add the following sections. Remember that this is merely to help you get started with your paper; you should always strive to be a critical thinker and include pertinent content beyond these guiding points if it will support your paper. previous paper will be provided – file attached
- Synthesize the I/O psychology literature and human resource management literature for the selected HR area.
- From a broad perspective, what are the similarities and differences between I/O psychology and personnel/HR management in terms of the selected HR area?
- Within the narrow perspective of your selected HR area, how does the I/O psychology literature give a theoretical explanation of that HR area?
- Use at least 10 peer-reviewed articles.
- Describe the current state of the selected HR area and its implications in the workplace using at least two I/O theories as a framework.
- What are the current trends and issues that are happening in the workplace that make this HR area critical and relevant to an HR strategy?
- How does this affect HR professionals in their daily operations?
- How is it affecting the workplace overall and other overarching organizational strategies?
- What do all these “signals” mean for I/O and HR? Be sure to include your own professional experiences and observations to bring these discussion points to life.
- Apply three ways in which psychological tools and methods can be used to address personnel/human resource management issues.
- How do psychological tools and research methods inform the practices used in personnel/HR management?
- What are three ways in which the I/O principles can be used to address the selected HR area in the workplace?
- Identify applicable tools and methods (assessments, technology, surveys, et cetera). What are the strengths and limitations of these tools?
- What is the efficacy of these tools as applied to individuals, groups or teams, and organizations?
- Do you have professional experience and observations with these tools and application of them (either as a participant or as an administrator of the tool)? If you do, be sure to include these anecdotes.
- Recommend future research directions and practical applications in the workplace.
- What are gaps that you see in the current research?
- What HR needs are still not addressed sufficiently? How about specifically for your selected HR area?
- How can the I/O psychologists and HR professionals continue to collaborate and leverage each other’s areas of expertise?
In the future, you will be submitting an infographic depicting I/O and HR management. In your assignment, Literature and Application Paper, use a bold font to highlight key terms and ideas that you intend to use in the infographic. This strategy can help you focus the key recommendations and applications from the research that you want to remember when you get to the final stage of this project (which involves drilling down to the talking points for your poster presentation). If you have not reviewed the I/O + HR Infographic assignment, take time during this unit to read the assignment and then ask your instructor about anything that is not clear.
- Written communication: Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Format your paper according to current APA style and formatting.
- References: Minimum of 10 peer-reviewed resources to support your paper. Resources should be from within the last five years.
- Length: 5–7 pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Requirements: 1 | .doc file
Subject: Masters Psychology
previous review – file attached
Answer preview for the “From a broad perspective, what are the similarities and differences between I/O psychology and personnel/HR management in terms of the selected HR area?” essay…………………
apa 1935 words