Greek Tragedy and Elizabethan Tragedy
1. After carefully reading Chapter 7, read the Learning Objectives (7.1, 7.2, 7.3, and 7.4) at the beginning of the chapter.
Chapter 7 Learning Objectives
- 71. Compare and contrast classic Greek tragedy and Elizabethan tragedy.
- 7.2 Differentiate among various forms of comedy, including satire, comedy of character, farce, and parody.
- 7.3 Discuss the key developments in nineteenth century theater (the 1800’s).
- 7.4 Describe the new theatrical directions and themes in that evolved in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries.
2. Select ONE of the four Learning Objectives Prompts (7.1, or 7.2, or 7.3, or 7.4) and prepare to write a 400 word (or greater) essay addressing the prompt based on information in the text book and your own research.
3. Find and read a research source (BEYOND your textbook – try google scholar) concerning the theatrical “prompt” you selected and be prepared to integrate it in your essay. Be sure to cite these research sources too.
4. Post the (new thread) essay of at least 400 words in which you fully address the requirements of your chosen prompt.
Answer preview for the paper on “Compare and contrast classic Greek tragedy and Elizabethan tragedy”……….
The reality of tragedy, be it Elizabethan or Greek, is expression of people’s suffering and the examination of the nature of human’s destiny about the world. In such a view we realize that all tragedies are one (Bowers, 2015). However, a more in-depth analysis of the features of the drama as is in ancient Greece shows that in conceptualization as well as in structure Greek tragedy has some differences as compared to that of Elizabethan, mostly by Shakespeare………
APA 511 words