How far does your research commitment leave room for you to embrace others approaches?
Choose a recent piece of research that you have read and
- Analyse it against the frameworks provided in this chapter.
- What strengths do you see in the research in the light of this chapter?
- What weaknesses are highlighted?
More advanced questions to promote discussion and thought
- How far do you agree that an individual’s commitment to a particular research tradition leads them to ignore and downplay research in other traditions?
- How far does your research commitment leave room for you to embrace others approaches?
In term of answering this Research Question, you will need to focus on Chapter 1 – “The meaning of coaching and mentoring”.
Here is the Chapter overview below:
This chapter traces the historical discourses related to mentoring and coaching and relates them to a contemporary view on coaching and mentoring discourses (Western, 2012).
It argues that the meanings associated with coaching and mentoring are changing and that new hybrid versions of coaching and mentoring are emerging in practice (Stokes et al. 2020, Stelter, 2019).
The research in this chapter is drawn from a substantial number of historical and contemporary sources. The chapter helps to explain the wide discrepancies in meaning found in current practice. We argue that there are many dimensions that affect our understanding of the terms coaching and mentoring. These include the intended purpose of coaching or mentoring; the nature of the relationship between coach and coachee or mentee and mentor; the timeframe available and the skills employed in the facilitated conversation (Stokes et al. 2020).
It also includes contextual factors such as the learning context; economic context; temporal context and sociocultural context (Stokes et al. 2020). We develop the themes identified here in later chapters in the book.
- POST YOUR 300-400 WORD
- OFFER AT LEAST TWO 100-200 WORD COMMENTS (REPLIES) TO POSTS FROM YOUR PEERS’ DISCUSSIONS
- YOU WILL BE GRADED USING THE FOLLOWING RUBRIC AND STANDARD
You will be graded using the following rubric and standards.
Requirements: POST YOUR 300-400 WORD OFFER AT LEAST TWO 100-200 WORD COMMENTS (REPLIES) TO POSTS FROM YOUR PEERS’ DISCUSSIONS YOU WILL BE GRADED USING THE FOLLOWING RUBRIC AND STANDARD | .doc file
Subject: Masters Management
Posts to reply will come later
Answer preview for the “How far does your research commitment leave room for you to embrace others approaches?” essay………………….
apa 485 words