How might this be different or even more challenging because of the pandemic that we are in?
Week Three: Discussion Five
A Gallup poll of more 1 million employed U.S. workers concluded that the No. 1 reason people quit their jobs is a bad boss or immediate supervisor. 75% of workers who voluntarily left their jobs did so because of their bosses and not the position itself. In spite of how good a job may be, people will quit if the reporting relationship is not healthy (Hyacinth, 2017).
Hyacinth, B. (2017, December 27). Employees don’t leave Companies, they leave Managers. Retrieved from https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/employees-dont-leave-companies-managers-brigette-hyacinth/
- Read the attached article.
- What does this mean to you?
- Has this happened to you? Why did it happen?
- How might this be different or even more challenging because of the pandemic that we are in?
- What are some steps that you, as a supervisor or leader can take to avoid this?
Click on the forum and then select the Create Thread button to write your response. After you are finished answering the question, click on the Submit button located at the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Read each question — there may be more than one.
- Post your responses in the appropriate threads. Students are required to make their initial post by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time Zone).
- Responses should be at least 200 words or more. You must research answers and all answers must include reading citations, with page numbers, parenthetical style (Author, Date: page#), and the source listed APA style at the end of the post.
- Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings. Responses should be at least 100 words or more. Responses are due by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time zone).
- Review your postings to see who has responded to you.
- Be sure to answer ALL QUESTIONS.
Best approach: Just “talk ” to your fellow students. Have a conversation. If you do not count how many times you connect with your fellow students, you will give more than adequate responses. Prompt discussion, not make a simple comment, such as “good work!” There will be no credit for such responses that end rather than foster discussion. Address fellow students with respect and acceptance that there may be a variety of personal views.
Requirements: 200 words or more
Subject: Masters Health & Medical
Answer preview for the “How might this be different or even more challenging because of the pandemic that we are in?” essay…………………
apa 280 words