Supply Chain Alignment Adaptability and Agility
Supply Chain Alignment Adaptability and Agility – Crocs: Revolutionizing an Industry’s Supply Chain for Competitive Advantage – Stanford Graduate School of Business 2007
Studying a supply chain company in a business that typically relies on ‘push’. The important thing to emphasize is how they have effectively built a very responsive TOC-based system in an industry where that is very hard to do.
Base Requirements: 1 ½ to 2 pages
Key questions to consider:
- What are Croc’s core competencies?
- How do they exploit these competencies in the future? Consider the following alternatives:
- Further vertical integration into materials.
- Growth by acquisition
- Growth by product extension
- To what degree do the alternatives in Question 2 fit the company’s core competencies, and to what degree do they defocus the company away from its core competencies?
- How should Crocs plan its production and inventory? How do the company’s gross margins affect this decision?
apa 1047 words