Change Management Project
Week 5 – Final Project
You have been named the manager of a task force charged with conducting a critical but challenging change within your workplace. This change is likely to be met with some opposition. You will manage the task force and accomplish this change in just three months. So, you have a very short timeline in which to motivate your organization’s workforce to cooperate with your team and embrace the change it is implementing.
Use a current or past workplace as your hypothetical organization. Choose from one of the following changes to accomplish in the three-month timeframe:
- Move your office location to a smaller workspace.
- Reconfigure your workspace (cubicles) to a design with reduced privacy.
- Merge two sales force offices into one location, which requires a 10% reduction of your team.
- Due to reduced sales, reduce your organization’s work week (and employee pay) by one full work day.
- A proposed change of your choosing. You must obtain your instructor’s approval before completing your plan.
Refer to Chapter 5 of Managing Motivation on how to plan a motivation improvement project. Using the four steps, create a comprehensive plan to motivate your workforce to cooperate, and even support, this difficult change. Be sure to include:
- A description your hypothetical organization and the change associated with that organization.
- A description of how you will plan the proposed change.
- An investigation of the strength of each connection and possible causes of weak connections.
- Identify appropriate solutions with thorough explanations to help generate employee buy-in and support.
- Explain the results measurement process, including an employee feedback component.
Writing the Final Project
The Final Project:
- Must be 7 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford Online Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
apa 2262 words