Human Resource Strategy at Ford
Assignment 1: Alignment of HRM and Business Strategies
Due Week 3 and worth 100 points
Select a publicly traded company to research and evaluate its Human Resource (HR) and business strategy, HR department job positions, and ways it markets its company regarding human capital. Some company Websites that provide this information are listed below:
- Marriott: http://www.
- Allstate: http://www.jigsaw.
com/id209321_d40/allstate_ insurance_human_resources_ business_contacts.xhtml
- State Farm: http://www.statefarm.
- Ford Motor Company: http://corporate.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Propose how you would ensure the HR strategy is in alignment with the business strategy.
- Describe the HR job positions and the responsibilities listed for that HR department.
- Determine which HR job positions you would prefer and explain why.
- Analyze how the selected company can establish HRM strategies to improve competitive advantages.
- Propose three (3) ways that the company can increase diversity.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the role of human resource management (HRM) in organizations and how it supports the organization’s business strategy.
- Evaluate human resource strategies and how these strategies align with business strategies.
- Create a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Formulate HRM strategies and policies to recruit, select, place, and retain the most efficient and effective workforce.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic human resource development.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic human resource development using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Human resource capital plays a critical role in the success of business strategies. Wess and Finn (2006) posit that the absence of extensive inclusivity of the human resource department in the development of business strategies forms one of the critical mistakes that most firms make in their development of the business strategy. To this extent, the inclusion and active participation of the human resource department in developing the business strategy would increase the chances that the firm appropriately aligns the human resource to business strategy…………..
APA 788 words