Identify a new process for creating, storing, approving, modifying, and retiring policies in the new repository
Week 4 – Assignment: Create an IT Policy Portfolio for an Organization
For this task, you will research IT Policy Management and standards for IT Policy creation, formulation, and management. Many organizations list this information and their procedures publicly on their websites. Some examples are in the resources this week.
Then, assume you are CIO of a growing organization where each department has historically created their own policies and stored them locally in their own department. You can use the NCU Cloud Consulting Services Case Study Scenario included in this assignment. There has been no standard formatting or procedures for the management of policies. Due to the inconsistent nature of this process, there have been problems. In some cases, users are not sure what requires the creation of a policy and what does not. It may be helpful to pick a real organization with which you are familiar.
You are leading a task force charged with the creation of a framework for the creation, storage, approval, modification, and removal of policies in a repository. Your responsibility, as CIO and the person with the most policy experience, is also to represent Policy Management for the entire IT group. After reviewing this week’s resources and researching other organization’s IT Policy Management, create your own framework for IT policy management to include the following:
- Identify a new process for creating, storing, approving, modifying, and retiring policies in the new repository.
- Include a diagram or flowchart of the process in the appendix, similar to Figure 3. Do not use this figure.
- Consider who will have oversight, who will need to be involved in the process, and who are the stakeholders. Remember that when designating accountable resources, only mention the role or job title, not incumbents (no names).
- Determine how and when communication will occur.
- Explain how legal, ethical, and regulatory concerns will be addressed.
- Describe how the policies will be stored and published for viewing by employees or the public, as appropriate.
- Identify any other information you deem pertinent to your framework.
Remember, you are formulating a plan to address a real-world issue. You are not writing an essay. This information should be written from a real-world professional perspective and not an academic perspective. You should use theories and academic concepts to inform your writing, but your focus should be on your solution and on the application of academic concepts in the real world.
Length: 5-6 pages, not including title page and references or appendix
References: Include a minimum of 5 scholarly resources
Answer preview for the “Identify a new process for creating, storing, approving, modifying, and retiring policies in the new repository” essay………………….
apa 1548 words