Identify community support resources (housing, socioeconomic needs, etc.) and community agencies that are available to assist the client.
In earlier weeks, you were introduced to the concept of the “captain of the ship.” In this Assignment, you become the “captain of the ship” as you provide treatment recommendations and identify medical management, community support resources, and follow-up plans for a client with an obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Recommend psychopharmacologic treatments based on therapeutic endpoints for clients with obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Recommend psychotherapy based on therapeutic endpoints for clients with obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Identify medical management needs for clients with obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Identify community support resources for clients with obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Recommend follow-up plans for clients with depression disorders
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Select an adult or older adult client with an obsessive-compulsive disorder you have seen in your practicum.
In 3–4 pages, write a treatment plan for your client in which you do the following:
- Describe the HPI and clinical impression for the client.
- Recommend psychopharmacologic treatments and describe specific and therapeutic endpoints for your psychopharmacologic agent. (This should relate to HPI and clinical impression.)
- Recommend psychotherapy choices (individual, family, and group) and specific therapeutic endpoints for your choices.
- Identify medical management needs, including primary care needs, specific to this client.
- Identify community support resources (housing, socioeconomic needs, etc.) and community agencies that are available to assist the client.
- Recommend a plan for follow-up intensity and frequency and collaboration with other providers.
American Nurses Association. (2014). Psychiatric-mental health nursing: Scope and standards of practice (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
- Standard 14 “Professional Practice Evaluation” (pages 80-81)
- “Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders”
- Chapter 21, “Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder”
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Chapter 10, “Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders” (pp. 418–436)
Stahl, S. M. (2017). Prescriber’s Guide: Stahl’s Essential Psychopharmacology (6th ed.). New York, NY: Cambridge University Press.
To access information on specific medications, click on The Prescriber’s Guide, 6th Ed. tab on the Stahl Online website and select the appropriate medication.
Thompson-Hollands, J., Edson, A., Tompson, M. C., & Comer, J. S. (2014). Family involvement in the psychological treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder: A meta-analysis. Journal of Family Psychology, 28(3), 287–298. doi:10.1037/a0036709
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 20 minutes.
Himle, J. A., Chatters, L. M., Taylor, R. J., & Nguyen, A. (2013). The relationship between obsessive-compulsive disorder and religious faith: Clinical characteristics and implications for treatment. Spirituality in Clinical Practice, 1(S), 53–70. d
Answer preview “Identify community support resources (housing, socioeconomic needs, etc.) and community agencies that are available to assist the client.” essay……….
apa 1472 words