Identify the various ways characters are murdered by Macbeth in the play and show how those changing methods relate to Macbeth’s evolving character.
For this summative assignment, you will choose one of the following three topics — see below — and write a 5-paragraph essay about it.
1. Explain whether Macbeth is controlled by fate or exercises his own free will.
–Cite examples from the text to support your conclusion.
2. Discuss the role of women in Macbeth.
–To what extent are women portrayed as manipulative and wicked? As good and virtuous?
–How do the women in the play compare with one another?
–How do they affect Macbeth?
3. Identify the various ways characters are murdered by Macbeth in the play and show how those changing methods relate to Macbeth’s evolving character.
- Your essay must be 5 paragraphs in length.
- Include a short introductory paragraph, 3 longer body paragraphs, and a short concluding paragraph.
- Use at least 3 quotes from Macbeth. Make sure the quotes are blended into your sentences.
- Correctly incorporate, punctuate, and cite your quotations.
- Example: Malcolm asserts, “This is the sergeant / Who like a good and hardy soldier fought / ‘Gainst my captivity” (Macbeth 1.2.3-5).
- Quotation & Citation Formatting:
- Separate lines by using a slash ( / ) with a space before and after.
- For the source citations, refer to the example above.
- Put the italicized title of the play inside parentheses, skip a space, and then list the act number, scene number, and line number(s)–in that order and separated by periods.
- The final period should be placed after the parentheses.
- If a quote ends in an exclamation or question mark, no period should appear after the parentheses.
Criteria Ratings Pts The writer has taken a clear stance on an issue/has fully addressed the writing prompt, has organized his or her essay logically, and has supported/elaborated on his or her ideas using specific examples and details. The essay is 5 paragraphs in length, and 3 or more correctly cited quotes have been blended into the writer’s sentences. 30 to >0.0 ptsFull Marks 0 ptsNo Marks 30 pts The writer has expressed his or her ideas clearly and has chosen appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure–including sentence variety, and the writer’s strong and unique voice is evident throughout the essay. 10 to >0.0 ptsFull Marks 0 ptsNo Marks 10 pts The essay contains no or very few mechanical errors, such as fragments, run-ons, comma splices, subject-verb agreement, capitalization, punctuation, spelling, and formatting. 10 to >0.0 ptsFull Marks 0 ptsNo Marks 10 pts Total Points: 50
Requirements: .doc file | Essay | 1 pages, Single spaced
I am in Honors English 12th grade. You will have to find some quotes from the Macbeth text.
Answer preview for the “Identify the various ways characters are murdered by Macbeth in the play and show how those changing methods relate to Macbeth’s evolving character.” essay…………………
apa 719 words