In what ways do Hughes’ The Breakfast Club and Sophocles’ Oedipus answer the unit’s essential question(s)?
The Search for Self Unit Essay
Oedipus and The Breakfast Club Essay
❓ Essential Question: To what extent does self discovery improve and/ or destroy our lives?
👉Prompt: Letting go of pretense and telling the truth about themselves to another human being, both Oedipus and the Breakfast Club gang embark on journeys of self-discovery. Along the way, both explore identity, the pursuit of the truth, disappointment, and the perception of reality. In what ways do Hughes’ The Breakfast Club and Sophocles’ Oedipus answer the unit’s essential question(s)?
- This is a multi-paragraph essay; the essay must be in proper MLA format. Paper must have paragraphs with a beginning, middle, and end.
- Intro (hook, strong thesis, title of play + author, title of movie + director, preview the paper)- Punctuated Properly! 😇
- Paper must include enough direct evidence from both the film and the play to strongly substantiate and prove your thesis statement. Use the “find” function to search the film transcript.
- Organization: Block or Point-by-Point (Claim-by-Claim) | SEE SCREENSHOT
- Remember: Topic Sentences are essentially major claims (NO PLOT)
- Use third person and present tense throughout
- USE TRANSITIONS between paragraphs. Ex. “Not only does the search for identity engender life lessons, but also ……….”
- Parenthetical Documentation (in-text citations) Ex. (Hughes) or (Sophocles 245) –page number
- Find an effective way to integrate quotes into body paragraphs
- MLA format | 550 Word Minimum | 700 Word Maximum
- Review the rubric 👀
- You are not expected nor allowed to do outside research on this topic. Be sure to check Google’s originality report. Students are able to run Originality Reports up to three times before submitting, allowing them to identify and address citation errors.
Breakfast club script- https://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/breakfast_club.html
Requirements: 600-700 Words | .doc file
Answer preview for the “In what ways do Hughes’ The Breakfast Club and Sophocles’ Oedipus answer the unit’s essential question(s)?” essay………………….
apa 725 words