Is Scientology a “religion” based upon your study this term? Why, or why not?
We have covered many of the religions of the world over the last seven weeks, from definitions to examples to anomalies. This week we are looking at modern, new religious traditions.
- Scientology has received non-profit status by the US government as a religious organization. Is Scientology a “religion” based upon your study this term? Why, or why not?
In your responses to your peers, address the following:
- Do you agree or disagree with their positions?
- If you agree with your peers, do not simply repeat their posts or restate your initial post. Add to the discussion by finding a new perspective or new examples to support your assertions.
- If you disagree, explain why and provide support for your position.
- Initial Post Length: minimum of 250 words.
- Secondary Post Length: minimum of 200 words per post.
- Cite at least 1 outside source.
- Use APA reference style to cite your references.
- Submit at least one original post and two replies to other students.
ASSESSMENT AND GRADING
Learning Outcome(s): 4, 5, 6
- Examine key features of religions.
- Examine how aspects of a religion shape society and how society shapes religion.
- Compare and contrast the prim
Answer preview “Is Scientology a “religion” based upon your study this term? Why, or why not?” essay………………..
apa 738 words