An essay about John Higham. Strangers in the Land: Patterns of American Nativism
English Standard Format, Times New Roman, 12-pt. font, 1-inch margins, double-spaced, MLA, 1,000 words, or about four pages, no headings necessary, just your name, the word count of the essay, and the citation of the book.
The book essay will need to answer some or all of the following analytical prompts, but please do not simply organize the essay as a list of responses to these questions.
- What are the aims and objectives of the author?
- What are the major findings of the book? Keep summarization concise.
- What is the author’s approach and conclusions?
- How does this book relate to material in this course? Avoid generalizations.
- How does the book contribute to our understanding of the American experience?
- How do you evaluate the book? Be brief.